You won’t believe how simple it is to make this Easy Baked Leek and Pea Risotto. The best part is you don’t have to constantly stir the pot!
I am so excited to share this risotto recipe with you today. I didn’t have intentions to share a risotto recipe on the blog this month, but I was inspired by a trip to my local grocery store. For some reason they had a big Italian section down the main isle. I noticed this a few months ago but didn’t bother to take a look. Last week when I was picking up a few groceries, I noticed that everything in the Italian section was on clearance! I am a huge bargain shopper and it is really hard for me to turn down a sale. I picked up a few boxes of organic pasta and some arborio rice for risotto. I had to stop myself from buying too much pasta!
I wanted to try baking the risotto instead of the traditional method. I wasn’t sure how it would work out, but the results were amazing. The risotto starts on the stovetop like normal. Leeks are sautéed in olive oil, along with fresh garlic and thyme for aromatics. The arborio rice gets toasted then deglazed with white wine. Warm vegetable broth is poured over and then the whole covered pot goes into the oven. The oven does all the work for you!
After the risotto has baked in the oven for 25 minutes, some more broth is added along with peas, vegan butter, nutritional yeast and lemon juice. It is so simple and the texture of the risotto is perfect.
I can’t wait to experiment with other risotto recipes using this cooking method.
This Easy Baked Leek and Pea Risotto is:
A twist on classic risotto
Easy to make
Perfect for entertaining
or for the holidays
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Leeks, white and pale green parts, thinly diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Teaspoons Thyme Leaves
- 1 Cup Arborio Rice
- ½ Cup Dry White Wine
- 3 Cups Vegetable Stock, warmed
- ¾ Cup Peas, thawed
- 1 Tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 1-2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add the leeks and cook until almost tender, about 4-6 minutes. Add the garlic, thyme and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the rice and toast in the pan for 1-2 minutes until lightly opaque. Add the wine and allow to reduce by half. Add 2 cups of vegetable stock and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, cover and place in the oven to bake for 25 until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente.
- Remove from the oven, stir in the remaining vegetable stock, peas, butter, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.