Vegan Cranberry Orange Pound Cake is a flavorful cake that is perfect for the holidays.
This Vegan Cranberry Orange Pound Cake is moist, flavorful, and will soon become a favorite to bake during the holidays and winter months.
This pound cake is bright and citrusy from orange zest and orange extract. I love having a wide range of extracts in my pantry, including orange extract. The orange extract gives the cake that pop of citrus flavor without have to add any citrus juice to the batter.
The pound cake is loaded with fresh cranberries. The fresh cranberries add a nice pop of tartness and color to the cake.
The fresh cranberries and orange flavor go so well together. It is one of my favorite flavor combinations, especially during the holidays.
This Vegan Cranberry Orange Pound Cake is so moist and tender. It is hard to even detect that this festive pound cake is completely vegan.
After the cake has cooled, a simple glaze is poured on top. Fresh orange juice adds an extra pop of citrus to the cake. The orange glaze really takes this pound cake to the next level.
For an extra festive touch, I like to garnish the Vegan Cranberry Orange Pound Cake with some sugared cranberries and a sprig of fresh rosemary. It just adds an extra pop of color to the cake. For the sugared cranberries recipe, check out this post.
This Vegan Cranberry Orange Pound Cake would be perfect for serving on Christmas! Your family will just love this pound cake. The best part is that you can bake the cake the day before you plan on serving it.
- ½ Cup Non-Dairy Yogurt
- ½ Cup Blended Silken Tofu, tofu blended before measuring
- ¾ Cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 1¼ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Avocado Oil
- 1 Tsp Orange Extract
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Zest
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Organic Cornstarch
- 1½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Fresh Cranberries
For the glaze:
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1½- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease a dark metal 9 X 5 loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the yogurt, blended silken tofu, coconut milk, sugar, oil, orange extract, vanilla, and orange zest. Use a hand mixer to blend everything together until combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, combine the ingredients. Then use the hand mixer to form a thick batter, about 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to overmix the batter. Fold in the cranberries with a rubber spatula.
- Add the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake. If it is a little moist, that is ok.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let rest 10 minutes. Carefully remove the cake from the pan onto a cooling rack.
- After the cake has completely cooled, make the frosting. In a small bowl, combine all of the frosting ingredients. Whisk together until a thick frosting forms.
- Spread the frosting onto the top of the cake.