Vegan Greek Chopped Salad with tofu is perfect for summer!
Salads haven’t always been my favorite thing. I love fruits and vegetables and eat quite a bit of them everyday, but salads just never were my thing until a few years ago. I started making more of an effort to make more leafy green salads. I think that my problem was that green salads never filled me up. I would get hungry a few hours later. In my effort to eat more salads, I started adding extra protein. I prefer to add beans or baked tofu to my salad. This adds extra plant-based protein and fills me up.
May is National Salad Month, and I’m celebrating by sharing this easy and delicious Vegan Greek Chopped Salad with you!
Instead of using traditional cheese, I have used the new Toss’ables rom Nasoya.
The Toss’ables come in two flavors: Balsamic Vinaigrette and Garlic and Herb. For this salad, I thought that the flavors of the Garlic and Herb Toss’ables would be perfect in a Greek salad.
This Vegan Greek Chopped Salad is so simple and easy to make. The Toss’ables are a great way to add a quick boost of plant-based protein to your salads. I found them at my local grocery store in the refrigerator section, next to the regular tofu.
For the dressing, I made a quick and simple Greek vinaigrette. You probably won’t need all the dressing for the salad. Store the leftovers in the fridge. It will keep for a few days!
This Vegan Greek Chopped Salad is a quick and easy summer salad recipe!
- 2 Heads of Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 1 Large Cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 Small Red Onion, chopped
- ½ Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ¼-1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives
- 1 Bag of Toss'ables Garlic and Herb
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Large Garlic Clove, minced or grated
- 1 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 1½ Tsp Oregano
- ½ Tsp Salt, or to taste
- ¼ Tsp Pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the salad ingredients.
- Pour just enough of the dressing to start. You might not need all of the dressing.
- Toss to evenly combine the ingredients.
- If you have extra dressing, it'll keep in the fridge for a few days.
- In a bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, maple syrup, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Whisk until emulsified.
- Taste and add more vinegar for tang or salt.
Disclaimer: I received products from Nasoya, but all thoughts are my own.