Transport yourself to a tropical island with this A Touch of the Tropics Rice Bowl!
I’m so excited to be sharing this A Touch of the Tropics Rice Bowl recipe as part of a blog tour celebrating the new cookbook The High-Protein Vegan by Ginny Kay McMeans.
But where do you get your protein?
Probably the most common question that vegans get is where do you get your protein? If someone asks you that, you can simply show them The High-Protein Vegan cookbook! This cookbook makes getting your plant-based protein even easier!
The cookbook has 125 protein-packed plant-based recipes that you are just going to love.
There is even a guide on the top vegan protein sources at the beginning of the book.
Rice is a huge part of my diet, but I usually just have it as a side dish; never in a bowl. I really like the rice of using rice as the base for a bowl. This A Touch of the Tropics Rice Bowl combines many of my favorite foods: rice, pineapple, sweet potatoes, and cashews!
A Touch of the Tropics Rice Bowl starts by adding cooked jasmine rice to a bowl. The rice is topped with fresh pineapple, cashews, roasted sweet potatoes, and hemp seeds.
I would love never thought to top the bowl with hemp seeds! Such a creative way to add nutrients.
My favorite part of this recipe was the sweet and sour sauce. I haven’t had sweet and sour sauce in a very long, which is a shame because I really love it. The sauce is so easy to make and I love that it uses pantry staples. The fresh pineapple really takes this sauce to the next level!
The rice bowl gets topped with the delicious sweet and sour sauce. This sauces really brings this rice bowl together. This rice bowl is going to become a staple. It is easy to make and so flavorful!
You’ll definitely feel like you are on a tropical vacation while enjoying this Touch of the Tropics Rice Bowl.
You can preorder your copy now! The cookbook will be released on January 22nd!
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and
- chopped into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup cashews
- 4 tablespoons raw shelled hempseed
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup chopped pineapple
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Toss the sweet potato with the oil. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Whisk together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add the pineapple and ¼ cup water to a blender.
- Blend until the mixture is as smooth as possible.
- Add the pineapple mixture, rice vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook until thickened, about a minute.
- Remove from the heat and set aside while assembling bowls.
- Place rice in the bottom of each bowl. Add rows of pineapple, cashews, hempseed, and sweet potato. Top with the sweet and sour sauce.
The recipe has been reprinted with permission from the publisher.
I did receive a copy of the cookbook to review, but as always all thoughts and opinions are my own.
pin this image for future reference!