Instead of baking individual cookies, make one big Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar and cut into bars for an easy recipe!
It is hard to believe that the holidays will be just around the corner. I love baking cookies year round, but there is something just magical about baking during the holidays.
These Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are perfect for giving to friends and family.
I am excited to share one of my new favorite cookie recipe for Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar.
Instead of making individual cookies, the dough is baked into one big chocolate chip cookie bar.
It's so easy and delicious. And honestly who doesn't love baking one giant cookie.
This is my first recipe using aquafaba for the egg in a recipe. I am a little late to the aquafaba party, but I am extremely happy with using aquafaba.
What is aquafaba?
Aquafaba is the name given to the brine cooking liquid of beans like chickpeas.
Instead of discarding the bean liquid, you can use it in place of eggs. I can't wait to start using aquafaba in more recipes soon.
The dough might seem a little crumbly and like it won't hold together. That is exactly what you are looking for this cookie bar.
After the Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar bakes, it gets drizzled with melted chocolate chips. A little extra chocolate is always better.
Can the cookies be made ahead of time?
Yes! The chocolate chip cookie bars can be made ahead of time.
Store the sliced cookie bars in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
You can also freeze the cookies to enjoy at a later date. The cookies freeze really well.
This vegan chocolate chip cookie bars recipe has definitely become a family favorite around here! My family loves enjoying a slice of the chocolate chip cookie bar for a little sweet treat.
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment or tag us on Instagram using #thymeandlove.
Instead of baking individual cookies, make one big Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar and cut into bars for an easy recipe! Perfect for Christmas baking! I'd love to see what you've been making this holiday season!
- ½ Cup Vegan Butter, softened
- ¾ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Cane Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Aquafaba
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¾ Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 ¼ Cup Vegan Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line an 8 by 8 baking dish with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the softened vegan butter, brown sugar and cane sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the aquafaba and vanilla until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until they’re just combined. Fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan, spreading it to the edges and corners of the pan. Bake for 25-28 minutes until a tester comes out clean and the bars are golden brown.
- Cool completely. After the bars have cooled, melt the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips in a double broiler until melted. You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie bar. Cut into pieces and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 236mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g