Infused with bright aromatics, this Thai Mango Curry is packed with flavor and perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
You're not going to believe how easy it is to make this Thai Mango Curry at home. The recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
The red curry starts out by sautéing a yellow onion and red bell pepper. I like to cut the bell pepper in chunks. This adds a nice texture to the curry.
For extra spice, I like to add a sliced serrano pepper. Serrano peppers have a little more heat than a jalapeno pepper and add a nice background flavor to the curry. The spice of the chile pepper helps to balance out all the sweetness going on in the recipe.
Next come in the aromatics: ginger, garlic, and red curry paste. I always try to keep a jar of red curry paste in my pantry. Curry paste is a great way to add flavor to a dish without having to do much work. When buying your curry paste, be sure to make sure it's vegan! I really love this brand.
For this recipe, I used frozen mango chunks but you can definitely use fresh mango if you have it on hand. I like to keep frozen mango in the freezer so I can make this Thai Mango Curry whenever the mood strikes!
To create a creamy curry, I like to add full fat coconut milk. This creates an ultra creamy curry. Plus, coconut and mango go really well together.
Light brown sugar helps to balance out all the flavors in the curry.
For some plant-based protein, I like to add a can of chickpeas. One of my favorite pantry staples to have on hand is a can of chickpeas. Not only are chickpeas delicious, they are packed full of plant-based protein!
how to serve the curry
I highly recommend serving this Thai Mango Chili over steamed white rice. I like to spoon some of the curry liquid over the rice. The rice absorbs all of the delicious curry flavors.
To garnish the Thai Mango Curry, I like squeeze a lime wedge of the curry, add some chopped cilantro and roasted cashews. The lime juice brightens up the curry and the fresh cilantro adds a fresh element to the curry.
I hope that you enjoy this Thai Mango Curry as much as I do!
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 Serrano Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoons Ginger, grated
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 Tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 13.66 ounce Can Full Fat Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Tablespoon Tamari
- 1 15 ounce Can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Cups Frozen Mango
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Cilantro
- Sliced Lime Wedges
- Roasted Cashews
- Steamed White Rice
- In a dutch oven or soup pot, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes; occasionally stirring.
- Add in the serrano pepper, ginger, garlic and red curry paste; stir. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, coconut milk, sugar and tamari. Stir.
- Add the chickpeas, mango and salt to taste. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve over steamed white rice. Garish with the cilantro, lime wedges, and cashews.