Spinach Orange and Avocado Salad with Guava Dressing is a light, refreshing salad.
Start the new year off on a healthy note with this Spinach Orange and Avocado Salad with Guava Dressing! This salad is light, refreshing and a perfect balance of flavors.
During the winter months, I love incorporating citrus fruits into my diet as much as possible. Oranges are a great source of vitamin C, which helps protect our cells from damage. They are also a great source of fiber, B vitamins, vitamin A, calcium and potassium.
Guava jelly creates a fun, unique salad dressing. The flavor combination of guava with the orange and avocado slices is so good. I used a guava jelly with peppers. The Guava Pepper Jelly is sweet with a nice spicy kick. Use your favorite guava jelly for the salad dressing. There are quite a few different guava jellies on the market. Just make sure to double check the ingredients to verify that it is vegan.
You probably won’t need all the dressing for the salad. It’ll keep in the a jar with a tight fitting lid for a few days in the fridge. Great for meal prepping! This Spinach Orange and Avocado Salad with Guava Dressing is a healthy, refreshing salad.
Spinach Orange and Avocado Salad with Guava Dressing is naturally vegan and gluten-free too!
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Tablespoons Guava Jelly
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 to 6 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1 Naval Orange, segemented
- 1 Large Avocado, sliced
- ½ Small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- Make the salad dressing. In a small bowl add the lemon juice, guava jelly, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until the dressing is emulsified. Taste add adjust seasonings if needed.
- To serve the salad, add the salad greens to a large salad bowl. Top the spinach with the orange segments, avocado slices, and red onion. Add just enough dressing to taste. Serve immediately.
- You can also arrange the salad on individual serving plates.