Slow Cooker Vegan Chili Sauce and Grape Jelly Meatballs are perfect for game day or holiday entertaining!
Did you grow up with slow cooker meatballs at holiday potlucks and parties? Meatballs slow cooked in some sort of sauce are a favorite, especially here in the Midwest.
I have been wanting to share a vegan version with you for awhile now. Since football season just started, I figured now is the perfect time to share this easy recipe with you.
These Slow Cooker Vegan Chili Sauce and Grape Jelly Meatballs are a family favorite. If you have never had the classic recipe before, you might be thinking that chili sauce and grape jelly doesn’t sound that great together. You’ll be pleasantly surprised with the combination.
The chili sauce and grape jelly create a sweet and sour sauce. So good!
For this recipe, I took a little shortcut from the store and used vegan frozen meatballs. I used the vegan meatballs from Trader Joe’s, which are really good.
These Slow Cooker Vegan Chili Sauce and Grape Jelly Meatballs are perfect for game day too. It just takes a few minutes to prep the meatballs. Towards the end of cooking, I like to add a cornstarch slurry. This helps to thicken up the sauce. It is completely optional.
Once they are done, you can keep the on the warm setting until your guests arrive! I like to serve the meatballs with cute little appetizers toothpicks.
These Slow Cooker Vegan Chili Sauce and Grape Jelly Meatballs would also be great served as a main course. For side dishes to serve with the meatballs, I love serving steamed rice or mashed potatoes.
- 1 12 ounce Bottle Chili Sauce
- 1½ Cups Grape Jelly
- 2 Pounds Frozen Vegan Meatballs, I used the Vegan Meatballs from Trader Joe's
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- Add the chili sauce and grape jelly to the slow cooker. Whisk until evenly mixed.
- Add the vegan meatballs and stir to evenly coat the meatballs in the sauce.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
- In the last 20 minutes of cooking, add the cornstarch slurry is using. Whisk together the cornstarch and water.
- Add to the slow cooker and str. Continue cooking until the sauce has thickened up.