Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ElevateYourMeal #CollectiveBias
We love pasta and make it at least once a week. Pasta is such a great pantry staple.
Whether I am just looking to make a quick and easy meal or an elegant dish for entertaining, pasta is my go-to choice.
Lately I have been loving the Barilla® Collezione artisanal pastas. The Collezione brand is a premium pasta that comes in six artisanal pasta shapes. What makes Collezione different is the bronze cut. The cut makes the perfect texture to hold sauce. I also love that the Barilla® Collezione pasta is made with non-GMO ingredients.
If you spend $15 on any Collezione products between 09/06/18 and 11/26/18 and receive a $5 reward. I always love when I can save money on groceries!
For this Creamy Rosé Pasta, I love using the bucatini shape pasta. The cut of the pasta really holds the creamy rosé pasta sauce. This Creamy Rosé Pasta is a simple pasta dish that is great a an easy weeknight meal at home or for celebrating a special occasion.
I also love making this for date nights at home. The Collezione pasta elevates this pasta dish to an elegant pasta dish that feels like your are eating at a restaurant.
The pasta sauce is so simple to make. It starts off by soaking some raw cashews. The cashews create a creamy pasta sauce without adding any dairy! After the cashews have soaked, they get blended with some vegetable broth. I really like using broth instead of water because it adds a lot more flavor to the sauce.
Rosé wine is perfect for a creamy pasta sauce. Barilla does not sell alcohol, but you can use your favorite rosé. Even though the wine cooks down, you are still able to taste the notes of the rosé wine. They key to any good pasta sauce recipe is to add some to the pasta cooking water to the sauce. This really helps the sauce come together and create a delicious pasta sauce.
This Creamy Rosé Pasta recipe has become a family favorite. It is easy to make and doesn't require tons of ingredients. I love how versatile this pasta recipe can be. It is simple enough for a weeknight dinner, and elegant enough for serving guests.
Add add the a little extra to the pasta, I love topping the finished dish with fresh herbs and pine nuts. The pine nuts add a really nice butteriness to the pasta.
- 1 12 ounce Package Barilla® Collezione Bucatini pasta
- ½ Cup Raw Cashews
- ¾ Cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Cup Rosé Wine
- ½ Cup Pasta Cooking Water
- Salt and Pepper
For garnish, optional:
- Chopped Parsley
- Toasted Pine Nuts
- Soak the cashews for 2-4 hours.
- Drain the cashews and add to a blender. Add the vegetable broth and blend until smooth. Set aside until needed.
- Cooking the Barilla® Collezione Bucatini pasta according to the package directions. Be sure to reserved ½ cup of the pasta cooking water.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. In a large, deep sided skillet add olive oil over medium high heat. Saute the onion for 5-7 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, and thyme. Stir to evenly mix the tomato paste with the onions.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the the Rosé wine and deglaze the pan. Cook for 2-4 minutes, just until the wine has reduced by half.
- Pour in the reserved pasta water and cook for another 2-3 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Pour in the reserved cashew cream; stir. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, drain and add to the sauce.
- Toss, making sure to coat all the pasta with the sauce.
- Sere immediately with the garnishes if using.