This easy pesto vegetable pasta recipe is packed with fresh, bright colorful vegetables. The best part about this vegetable pasta is that it can be and perfect served warm or cold as a pasta salad.
I'm back with another pasta recipe and this a great one! It's no surprise that I love pasta. I have shared quite a few pasta recipes on the blog over the years. Pasta is a family favorite.
This Pesto Vegetable Pasta salad was inspired by my Easy Vegan Pesto Pasta Salad. This pasta salad with green beans and corn is a great pasta recipe that is super easy to make. This pasta recipe uses the vegan kale pesto from Trader Joe's.
I'm obsessed with the kale pesto from Trader Joe's. It is really good, and a great way to add some greens and it's not very expensive.
For this Pesto Vegetable Pasta, we are using the vegan kale pesto as a base. It makes such a delicious pasta sauce.
can I use another pesto?
Definitely! If you have a favorite pesto recipe, feel free to use that or another store-bough pesto will work.
This pesto pasta recipe is super versatile and can be adapted to your favorite flavors.
How to make the pesto pasta
First, you'll want to roasted the vegetables with a little bit of olive oil. I like to use a mix of zucchini, eggplant and bell peppers. What's great about this recipe is that you can use whatever vegetables that you like!
While the vegetables are cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
When the vegetables are done roasting, toss them with the cooked pasta and add the pesto.
Toss everything together to evenly combine.
This is optional, but I really love adding in some vegan feta cheese to the pasta. The saltiness and creaminess of the cheese is the perfect accompaniment to the pesto pasta.
Serve the pasta right away to chill to serve as a cold pasta salad.
If you make this delicious pasta recipe, be sure to leave a comment or tag us on Instagram!
- 1 Small Eggplant, sliced and quartered
- 1 Medium zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 2 Bell Peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 Red Onion, cut into chunks
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 ounces Pasta, any shape that you'd like
- 8 ounces Vegan Pesto, I like the Vegan Kale Pesto From Trader Joe's
- Crumbled Vegan Feta, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide the veggies between two trays, then drizzle each baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Toss together to coat the veggies and oil. Roast for 15 minutes, then stir the veggies and bake for 15-20 minutes more until veggies are tender.
- While the veggies roast in the oven, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package until it’s al dente. Drain, then add back to the pot.
- Once the vegetables are roasted add them to the cooked and drained pasta and fold in the pesto and vegan feta if using.
- Serve right away or chill in the fridge for a cold pasta.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 623Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 523mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 6gSugar: 8gProtein: 15g
Nutrition information is just an estimate per serving.