A guide on How to Make Tostadas.
I love tostadas. Almost as much as I love tacos.
Tostadas are corn tortillas that have been fried or baked until toasted. They are kind of like a hard shell taco, but flat. Usually tostadas are fried until crispy. The majority of the tostadas that you'll find in the grocery store are fried. Sometimes you'll be able to find baked tostadas at the store.
I've been making my own baked tostadas for awhile now and I'm finally sharing how easy it is to make tostadas at home. Instead of frying the tortillas in oil, I like to bake the tortillas in the oven with a tiny bit of oil brushed on top. I like using avocado oil because it is a high heat oil. I like to sprinkle a tiny bit of sea salt over the tortillas too.
The corn tortillas still get very crunchy when baked in the oven. It is so much healthier to bake the tortillas too.
You can top the tostadas with your favorite things. I really love serving the baked tostadas with my Mexican Cauliflower Ceviche. It is so good! This makes a delicious healthy lunch.
Another delicious tostada recipe is my Jackfruit Salsa Verde Tostadas. Tostadas are topped with refried beans, jackfruit that has cooked cooked in salsa verde, and then a drizzle of cashew crema. This is definitely a family favorite!
watch this video to see how easy it is to make tostadas!
- 6 Corn Tortillas
- 1 to 1 ½ Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the corn tortillas on the cookie sheet. Use a pastry brush to brush a little bit of the oil on each tortilla.
- Flip the tortillas over and brush the other side with oil.
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of sea salt on each tortilla.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping the tortillas halfway through.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!