These Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownies from Fuss-Free Vegan are a perfect sweet treat!
I am so excited to be sharing a recipe from Fuss-Free Vegan by Sam Turnbull! It was a hard decision choosing which recipe to share with you. Once I saw the recipe for Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownies, I just had to share the recipe with you! These Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownies from Fuss-Free Vegan are perfect for the holiday baking season!
Sam Turnbull is the blogger behind the very successful blog, It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken. In Fuss-Free Vegan, Sam shares easy, straightforward recipes that everyone will love, vegan or not. Sam also did all of the recipe development, writing, and photography for the book. She even made her own font! How is awesome is that?!
The hardest part about making the Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownies from Fuss-Free Vegan was waiting for them to cool overnight. It was hard not to sneak a piece before they had completely cooled.
Some of the other recipes that I can’t wait to make from the book include:
Overnight Cinnamon Bun French Toast Bake
Blueberry Bliss Muffins
Love Letter French Onion Soup
15-Minute Peanut Noodles
BBQ Cauliflower Steaks
Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (such as soy or almond)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease an 8 by 8 baking pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt together the chocolate chips and butter, making sure to remove the saucepan from the heat just as it's finished melting to ensure you don't burn the chocolate.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, non-dairy milk, and vanilla and mix well. Now add the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt and mix until combined. Finally, add the walnuts (if using).
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the brownies are pulling away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs on it. Let the brownies cool and set overnight. This is the key to perfect gooey brownies.
- To store, let the brownies cool completely, then cover with foil or plastic wrap and keep at room temperature for the best texture. For longer storage put in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
"Excerpted from Fuss Free Vegan: 101 Everyday Comfort Food Favorites, Veganized. Copyright © 2017 Samantha Turnbull. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.”
Recipe and photo reprinted with permission from author and publisher. I received a copy of the book to review, but as always all thoughts and opinions are my own.