This simple Easy Lemon Spaghetti recipe is perfect for a quick vegan weeknight meal.
This flavorful pasta recipe is made with fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh garlic, parsley and olive oil.
Even though this pasta recipe has only a few ingredients, it is not lacking in flavor.
The combination of fresh lemon juice and zest brightens up ordinary spaghetti.
Ingredients for Lemon Spaghetti
Pasta- I really like using spaghetti for this recipe. Linguini also works great. I like to make this pasta dish with a longer pasta shape.
Olive Oil- The base of the pasta sauce is olive oil. I really like the flavor combination of olive oil and fresh lemon juice.
Garlic- Fresh aromatic garlic adds so much flavor to the pasta.
Lemon– Lemon is the star of this dish. For the most flavor, I use both the zest and juice of one lemon. Just be sure to zest the lemon before you juice it.
how to make the lemon pasta
First bring a large pot of water to a boil; salt the water. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
Reserve some of the pasts cooking water. The starch from the cooking liquid will help the lemon and olive oil stick to the pasta.
While the pasta is cooking, add the olive oil, lemon juice, zest, parsley to a large skillet.
Add in the pasta water and bring to a simmer.
Add in the cooked pasta and toss to combine.
I like to garnish the lemon pasta with a fresh parsley.
how long will the pasta keep
The pasta is best served right away. It will keep for two days in the fridge. You can reheat the pasta on the stovetop. You might need to add a splash or two of water or a little bit extra olive oil.
If you are looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe, give this Easy Lemon Spaghetti recipe a try! If you do, be sure leave a comment, rate the recipe or tag us on Instagram at #thymeandlove!
- 12 Ounces Spaghetti
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Parsley, plus more for garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; salt the water. Cook the pasta according the package directions. Before draining the pasta, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- In a large skillet bring the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and parsley to a simmer over medium heat. Add the reserve pasta cooking water; stir. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 1-2 minuets. If the pasta isn't quite done cooking yet, turn off the heat.
- Add in the cooked spaghetti and toss.
- Serve and garnish with fresh parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g