Start your morning off with Carrot Raisin Muffins!
I love baking muffins. Muffins tend to be easy to make and a great meal prep option!
I've shared quite a few muffin recipes on the blog over the years. I just love starting my morning with a good muffin. Lately, I have been making Carrot Raisin Muffins for breakfast.
These muffins are loaded with shredded carrots, raisins and walnuts add nutty crunch.
What I love about these muffins is that you don't need any special ingredients. I usually have everything on hand in the pantry. And I always seem to have carrots on hand! Perfect for when I am craving one of these scrumptious muffins for breakfast.
To save time you can always buy shredded carrots at the grocery store. I like to use a box grater to grate the carrots. It does take a few minutes to grate the carrots by hand, but I think that it's worth it!
You know how sometimes you buy raisins at the store and they can be a little dry? I prefer my raisins to be nice and plump when I cook with them. To bring the raisins back to life, they get soaked with hot water. It only takes a few minutes for the raisins to plump right back up!
Sometimes muffins can be on the sweet side and have tons of sugar. These Carrot Raisin Muffins do have sugar, but only ¼ cup of sugar is used in the whole recipe. Since the carrots are naturally sweet, it's not necessary to add extra sugar.
Carrot Raisin Muffins are perfect for a breakfast or an afternoon snack! I think the muffins would also be delicious with a smear of vegan cream cheese!
more muffin recipes:
- ½ Cup Raisins
- 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1/ 4 Cup Cane Sugar
- 1 Cup Plant Milk, I used unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ Cup Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Grated Carrots
- ⅓ Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a 12 muffin pan with liners.
- Add the raisins to a small bowl. Cover with hot water. Let soak for a few minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar. Whisk until combined,
- Make a well in the center. Pour in the milk, avocado oil and vanilla extract. Use a rubber spatula and stir just until combined.
- Drain the raisins. Add the raisins, carrots and walnuts. Fold until just combined.
- In the prepared muffin tin, pour the batter three-quarters the way full.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let the muffins cool completely before serving.