This Buffalo Tofu Chili is perfect for game day or for an easy weeknight dinner. This chili has the perfect balance of flavors and textures. It's sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Lately I can't get enough buffalo sauce. I am obsessed. I've been adding it to so many recipes like this Buffalo Tofu Chili.
Instead of adding chili powder to this chili recipe, I use Frank's RedHot sauce. The hot sauce has so much flavor as is, so there is no need to add chili powder.
I really love buffalo tofu, which inspired the tofu base of the chili. I like to use a super firm tofu for this recipe. The texture of the tofu holds up really well.
The tofu simmers in a flavorful liquid base of beer, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and hot sauce.
The tofu gets deglazed with the beer. The beer adds depth of flavor to the chili, but if you don't have any beer on hand, you can just use vegetable broth.
The chili simmers on the stovetop for an hour. The longer the chili cooks, the more flavorful the tofu will be.
It is the perfect combination of flavors. I seriously cannot get enough of this chili.
How to serve the chili
A bowl of chili isn't complete without some toppings! I love the combination of buffalo sauce and vegan ranch.
The ranch dressing helps cool down the chili and the flavors complement each other really well.
I use my favorite homemade vegan ranch dressing, but you can also use your favorite store-bought vegan ranch.
For some added freshness, I like to top the chili with fresh parsley and green onions.
And a bowl of chili isn't complete without some tortilla chips!
If you're a buffalo fan, you are going to love this chili! If you give it a try, be sure to tag us on Instagram #thymeandlove or leave a comment!
Buffalo Tofu Chili
This Buffalo Tofu Chili is perfect for game day or for an easy weeknight dinner. This chili has the perfect balance of flavors and textures. It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 4 Celery Stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 Large Carrots, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2- 16 ounce Super Firm Tofu Packages, pressed and drained
- 1 12-ounce Can Lager Beer
- 1 15-ounce Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 15-ounce Can Diced Tomatoes
- ½-3/4 Cup Frank's RedHot*
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Vegan Ranch
- Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Sliced Green Onions
- Tortilla Chips
- In a large deep soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, and carrots, Cook for 7-8 minutes, until the vegetables start of soften.
- Add the garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the paprika; stir, cook for 1 minute.
- Break up the two blocks of tofu into pieces. I like to keep some of the pieces bigger. Stir, making sure to evenly coat the tofu with the vegetables. Cook for 10-12 minutes, until the tofu starts to brown.
- Pour in the beer and deglaze the pot; stir, cook until most of the beer as been absorbed.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, tomatoes, broth, hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 1 hour.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve with the your desired toppings!
For a spicer chili add up to ¾ of hot sauce.
Leave a Reply