Looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe? Orange Chickpea Green Bean Stir Fry takes less than 30 minutes to make. Perfect for a busy weeknight meal!
I have always loved orange juice and green beans together. I find that that citrus flavors of the orange juice enhance the deep, earthy flavor of the green beans.
Green beans are one of my favorite summer vegetables and the local farmers markets have been over flowing with them.
Fresh green beans are the star of this stir fry. Stir fries are a great way to get in your daily veggies!
The best part of the recipe is how easy it is to make. Just whisk the orange sauce ingredients together. Then saute the onion, green beans and chickpeas. Pour the sauce into the pan and cook until the sauce has thickened.
I love serving the Orange Chickpea Green Bean Stir Fry over steamed rice. Choose your favorite grain. Quinoa would also be a great choice!
This vegan stir fry is a great option when your craving take-out, but want to keep things on the healthier side! It’s naturally gluten-free too!
For garnish, sesame seeds and green onions add a layer of texture to the finished dish.
Whether you follow a vegan diet or are just looking for more plant-based options, this recipe is a great one to try!
For the sauce:
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Tamari or Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Grated Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch, preferably organic
For the Stir Fry
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Pound Green Beans, ends trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 to 2 inch pieces
- 1- 15 ounce Can Chickpeas, drained and finished
- Sesame Seeds
- Sliced Green Onions
- Cooked Rice or Quinoa
- First make the orange sauce: Add the orange juice, maple syrup, tamari, ginger, and cornstarch to a bowl; whisk until the cornstarch is completely dissolved. Set aside for later.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium hight heat. Add the onions and cook until the onions are slightly translucent and start to turn golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic; stir, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the green beans and stir. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the chickpeas and stir. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the chickpea are heated.
- Pour in the orange sauce and stir to evenly combine the ingredients. Reduce heat to medium low and let the sauce simmer and thicken, about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately over cooked rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.