Chocolate for breakfast might sound too decedent, but this Baked Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal is loaded with healthy ingredients!
Baked oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfast recipes. I love that you can bake one big batch of oatmeal and enjoy it throughout the week.
how to make baked chocolate cherry oatmeal
To make this baked oatmeal recipe, start of mixing together the wet ingredients: almond milk, maple syrup, mashed banana, oil, almond butter and vanilla extract.
After the wet ingredients have been mixed together, add the cocoa powder and mix. I like to mix the cocoa powder with the ingredients first because this helps remove some of the clumps.
Next, add in the rolled oats, flaxseed, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined.
Finally add in the chocolate chips and dried cherries. The dried cherries really make this oatmeal extra delicious I've mentioned it before, but I love adding dried cherries to any recipes that I can. I'm obessed with Michigan dried cherries!
Plus, chocolate and cherries are the perfect pair!
After the oatmeal is done baking, I like to let the oatmeal cool a few minutes before slicing.
I love drizzling some almond butter on top of the oatmeal. It is so good!
Can I make this baked oatmeal ahead of time?
Yes! This Baked Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal is perfect for meal prep too! After the oatmeal is done baking, let it cool for at least 10-15 minutes. Cut into pieces and store in an airtight container and place in the fridge.
To reheat the baked oatmeal, I just microwave it for a few minutes until warm. Then the chocolate oatmeal gets a nice drizzle of almond butter.
There are so many mornings when I don't have time to make breakfast. Having this Baked Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal prepped ahead of time is such a lifesaver!
Who says that you can't have chocolate for breakfast?! I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! If you make it, be sure to leave a comment or tag us @thymeanldove #thymeandlove in a photo on Instagram!
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ¼ Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Large Ripe Banana, mashed
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Almond Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ Cup Dried Cherries
- ⅓ Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Extra almond butter for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Spray a 9.5 inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the wet ingredients: almond milk, maple syrup, mashed banana, oil, almond butter and vanilla extract.
- Add in the cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- Add in the oats, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and dried cherries.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is set and firm.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Slice and drizzle almond butter on top.