Vegan Pumpkin Cranberry Cornbread is perfect for making this fall and for Thanksgiving.
I absolutely love cornbread. I am always baking up batches of cornbread year-round. I wanted to create a fall inspired cornbread recipe. A recipe that would be perfect for serving at a casual dinner at home or on Thanksgiving.
Since I wanted to create a fall inspired cornbread recipe, I had to add pumpkin puree to the batter. I really adore pumpkin in cornbread. Plus, the pumpkin helps keep the cornbread nice and light.
This is a sweeter cornbread. To sweeten up the cornbread, I used pure maple syrup. The maple syrup goes so well with the pumpkin. It isn’t overly sweet, just enough. I tested the recipe using less maple syrup and it just didn’t taste as good.
To spice up the Vegan Pumpkin Cranberry Cornbread, cinnamon and nutmeg is added to the batter. I tested a version using pumpkin pie spice, but I preferred using just cinnamon and nutmeg.
Fresh cranberries are now in season and I just love adding them to my fall recipes. The cranberries add a gorgeous color to the cornbread. So festive for the holidays! The cranberries also add a really nice pop of tartness which I just love.
This Vegan Pumpkin Cranberry Cornbread is best served warmed with a dollop of vegan butter and drizzle of maple syrup.
I hope that you enjoy this Vegan Pumpkin Cranberry Cornbread. It is a festive cornbread that is perfect for Thanksgiving!
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- ½ Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- ¾ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1¼ Cups Cornmeal, a fine or medium ground
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Fresh Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a measuring cup, add the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the avocado oil, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, almond milk and vinegar mixture, and vanilla. Whisk until evenly combined.
- Add the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Using a spatula, stir just until the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Serve, preferably warm, with vegan butter and a drizzle of maple syrup.