Ultra creamy dairy-free Beet Cashew Dip is the perfect vehicle for dipping!
I’m so excited to share this vegan cashew dip made with roasted beets with you!
Isn’t the color just gorgeous?! Beets can take full credit for the bright vibrant color.
The beetroot cashew dip will brighten up your afternoon snack!
what’s in the vegan beet cashew dip?
- roasted beets
- soaked raw cashews
- zest and juice of one lemon
can you use store bought pre-cooked beets?
Yes! You can use pre-cooked packaged beets; however, the color of the dip will not be as bright. It will be more of a muted color.
You won’t have a bright colored dip, but it will still taste delicious.
If you are going to use store bought pre-cooked beets, I really like Love Beets. They are really tasty without any added ingredients.
how to cook the beets
You can steam the beets, but I prefer to roast them.
First, I clean the beets and then wrap them in tinfoil.
The beets are baked at 400 F until tender. The cooking time will vary on the size of the beets. Usually it takes at least an hour. Sometimes a lot longer if the beets are really large.
Once the beets are cooked, let them cool. Then cut off the peel and roughly chop.
For a bright note, I really like to use lemon juice and zest. The lemon juice adds acidity to the dip, helping to balance out the flavors.
Soaked cashews create a creamy and luscious dip. Cashews are so versatile, especially when it comes to cooking vegan recipes.
can you make the dip ahead of time?
Yes! You can definitely make the beet cashew dip ahead of time.
It’ll last about 3-4 days in the fridge.
This dip is great for meal prepping. I’m obessed with these Ello glass containers. They are perfect for meal prepping.
I hope that you enjoy this lovely beet and cashew dip as much as I do! It’s become a staple in my house.
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews
- 3 Medium Beets, washed and cleaned
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Salt to taste
- First soak the cashews. Add the cashews to a large glass measuring cup or large bowl. Cover with water. Soak for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Wrap each beet in tinfoil, creating a tinfoil packet. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for at least 1 hour. After 1 hour, check the beets. If the beets are larger, they will take along time to cook. Check every 15 minutes or so until the beets are cooked.
- Once the beets are done, let them cool. Carefully cut the peel from the beets and roughly cup.
- Add the chopped beets to a high-speed blender.
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews. Add to the blender.
- Add the garlic, lemon zest and juice, water and pinch of salt to taste.
- Blend until smooth!
- Serve with your favorite veggies!
Most of the cooking time is inactive.