Vegan Red Wine Brownies are a great way to use up any leftover red wine.
I enjoy a glass of wine every so often, but it is rare for me to finish a whole bottle of red wine. I really hate to waste wine, so I am always looking for unique recipes to use up any extra wine. Wine adds depth of flavor to recipes, including both sweet and savory. This recipe for Vegan Red Wine Brownies is great if you have leftover wine to use up.
The actual brownie batter recipe is very easy and uses simple ingredients. When choosing what red wine to use, you want to use a wine that you would want to drink. It doesn’t have to be an expensive bottle of wine. Just something that tastes good to you.
These brownies are loaded with chocolate from melted vegan chocolate chips and a touch of cocoa powder. I really like using a high quality dutch-processed cocoa powder when baking with chocolate.
When I make brownies, I like to make them the day before I plan on serving them. I think that letting the brownies sit overnight allows for the flavors to develop and taste even better than when they first come out of the oven.
Allowing the brownies to cool completely before serving will also make for a cleaner cut. I know that it is hard to resist the aroma of the fresh baked brownies, but it will be worth the wait; I promise!
These Vegan Red Wine Brownies are definitely more on the moist and light side, with a nice crumb. They are not really a cakey brownie.
If you love wine and chocolate, I hope that you give these Vegan Red Wine Brownies a try!
- 1 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine
- 1/4 Cup Avocado Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Grease a 8 by 8 baking pan; set aside.
- Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate chips. Once the chocolate chips are melted, set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl. add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; whisk until all the ingredients have been incorporated. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl. add the red wine, avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla; whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients; mix until all the ingredients have been incorporated.
- Pour in the cooled and melted chocolate chips; stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. There will still be a few crumbs on a tester. You still want there to be a few crumbs when you take the brownies out of the oven.
- Let the brownies cool completely before serving.