Loaded vegan quesadillas are filled with an easy and healthy summer squash and corn filling.
I was recently going through the recipes on the blog and I realized that I haven't shared any quesadilla recipes with you!
I couldn't believe it! I felt that I needed to change that as soon as possible! I love quesadillas. They are probably one of my favorite quick and easy meals. Also, kids love them! Perfect for a quick and easy lunch for the kids while they are at home.
The combination of summer squash and corn is a classic Mexican taco and quesadilla filling. I used yellow squash, but you can also use zucchini.
The quesadilla filling comes together quickly. You can also make the filling ahead of time too. Perfect for meal prep.
When I make quesadillas, I like to heat the corn tortilla first. Next, place one to two tablespoons of the filling on one side of the tortilla.
Next, layer on some of your favorite vegan cheese.
Vegan cheeses have come a long way since I first became vegan over 14 years ago. There are so many great options available now. My current favorite is the shredded vegan cheese from Violife. It is so good!
The final step is to fold the tortilla in half and heat the quesadilla in a skillet.
This recipe for vegan calabacitas and corn quesadillas is perfect for summer. If your garden is over following with summer squash, this is a great way to use it!
Vegan Calabactias and Corn Quesadillas
Vegan calabacitas and corn quesadillas are a classic Mexican taco filling topped with cheese. These quesadillas are kid friendly and easy to make!
- 1 teaspoon Avocado Oil
- ¼ Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Medium Yellow Squash, about 2 cups, diced small
- 2 Ears of Corn, kernels removed
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- ½ Cup Vegan Mozzerella Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot add the diced onion, squash, corn and garlic; stir.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Heat a skillet or comal over medium heat. Place a tortilla on hot skillet, spoon 2 tablespoons of corn/squash mixture on one side of tortilla, top with 1 tablespoon of cheese and fold in half. Press together slightly.
- Cook 2-4 minutes, flipping half way through. You want to heat the quesadilla until cheese melts.
- Serve the quesadillas with your favorite salsa!
Leave a Reply