Pico de Gallo is a classic Mexican fresh tomato salsa. Serve this along side your tacos at your next fiesta!
I originally published this recipe for Pico de Gallo in my ebook, The Vegan Mexican Cookbook. Since Cinco de Mayo and the summer entertaining season is quickly approaching, I wanted to share this simple and easy recipe here on the blog.
There are many different variations of pico de gallo. This version has the classic combination of fresh tomatoes, onion, jalapeño and cilantro. I have found that one whole jalapeño with the seeds is enough spice for me. If you are a fan of extra spicy food, you might want to add an extra jalapeño.
This basic fresh tomato salsa is easy to make and perfect for chip dipping. It is also great served with tacos or burrito bowls.
Pico de Gallo is:
Perfect for chip dipping
Topping you burrito bowl
Naturally vegan & gluten-free
- 5 Roma Tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 whole Large White Onion, finely diced
- 1 Jalapeño Peppers, minced
- ½ Cup Cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving. Taste for seasonings and add more salt or lime juice if needed.
- Refrigerator any leftovers.