Enjoy a glass of this refreshing Ginger Peach Lemonade on a hot summer day!
We have been experiencing a very hot, dry summer here in Michigan. This weather definitely calls for cold, refreshing drinks to help cool our bodies down. I love making lemonade during the warmer months. To me there is nothing more refreshing that a cold glass of lemonade. Making a pitcher of homemade lemonade couldn’t be any easier. Sure it might take a little longer than simply adding the powder lemonade mix to water, but it is worth the extra time to squeeze the lemons. I believe that fresh squeezed lemon juice makes such a difference.
Right now our local farmers markets and orchard are filled with fresh peaches, which are definitely one of my favorites fruits. Fresh peaches add a fun, seasonal twist on the classic lemonade. For a little extra pop of flavor, I added fresh ginger to the peach simple sugar. I love adding ginger to pretty much anything that I can and I just couldn’t resist adding it here either. The fresh ginger adds another layer of flavor and dimension to the lemonade. Ginger and peach compliment each other well and make a delicious lemonade.
I think that you’ll find this Ginger Peach Lemonade:
The right amount of sweetness
Perfect for a hot day
& great for entertaining
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see! Be sure to tag #thymeandlove on Instagram!
- 3 Peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1½ inch Piece Ginger, peeled and sliced
- ½ Cup Cane Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 5 Cups Cold Water
- Ice cubes
- Fresh cut lemon slices
- In a medium saucepan, add the sliced peaches, sliced ginger, sugar, and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer over medium to medium high heat, then once simmer, lower heat to a low. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the peach mixture cool a few minutes.
- After the peach simple syrup has cooled, transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the mixture into a very large pitcher.
- Pour in the fresh lemon juice and cold water. Stir. Add a few ice cubes and lemon slices to the pitcher.
- Serve and enjoy! If not serving right away, store in the fridge until ready.