Enjoy a glass of this refreshing Ginger Peach Lemonade on a hot summer day!
We have been experiencing a very hot, dry summer here in Michigan.
This weather definitely calls for cold, refreshing drinks to help cool our bodies down.
Once the peaches are in season, I switch things up and make this refreshing homemade peach lemonade with fresh ginger.
To me there is nothing more refreshing that a cold glass of lemonade on a hot summer day.
Making a pitcher of homemade lemonade couldn't be any easier. Sure it might take a little longer than simply adding the powder lemonade mix to water, but it is worth the extra time to squeeze the lemons.
Plus you get to control the ingredients and how sweet you want the lemonade to be.
I believe that fresh squeezed lemon juice makes such a difference.
Right now our local farmers markets and orchard are filled with fresh peaches, which are definitely one of my favorites fruits.
Fresh peaches add a fun, seasonal twist on the classic lemonade.
For a little extra pop of flavor, I added fresh ginger to the peach simple sugar.
I love adding ginger to pretty much anything that I can and I just couldn't resist adding it here either.
The fresh ginger adds another layer of flavor and dimension to the lemonade. Ginger and peach compliment each other well and make a delicious lemonade.
I think that you'll find this Ginger Peach Lemonade:
The right amount of sweetness
Perfect for a hot day
& great for entertaining
If you make this recipe, I'd love to see! Be sure to tag #thymeandlove on Instagram!
- 3 Peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 ½ inch Piece Ginger, peeled and sliced
- ½ Cup Cane Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 5 Cups Cold Water
- Ice cubes
- Fresh cut lemon slices
- In a medium saucepan, add the sliced peaches, sliced ginger, sugar, and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer over medium to medium high heat, then once simmer, lower heat to a low. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the peach mixture cool a few minutes.
- After the peach simple syrup has cooled, transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the mixture into a very large pitcher.
- Pour in the fresh lemon juice and cold water. Stir. Add a few ice cubes and lemon slices to the pitcher.
- Serve and enjoy! If not serving right away, store in the fridge until ready.