Enjoy a glass of this refreshing Ginger Peach Lemonade on a hot summer day!
We have been experiencing a very hot, dry summer here in Michigan. This weather definitely calls for cold, refreshing drinks to help cool our bodies down.
I love making lemonade during the warmer months.
To me there is nothing more refreshing that a cold glass of lemonade.
Making a pitcher of homemade lemonade couldn't be any easier. Sure it might take a little longer than simply adding the powder lemonade mix to water, but it is worth the extra time to squeeze the lemons.
I believe that fresh squeezed lemon juice makes such a difference.
Right now our local farmers markets and orchard are filled with fresh peaches, which are definitely one of my favorites fruits.
Fresh peaches add a fun, seasonal twist on the classic lemonade.
For a little extra pop of flavor, I added fresh ginger to the peach simple sugar. I love adding ginger to pretty much anything that I can and I just couldn't resist adding it here either.
The fresh ginger adds another layer of flavor and dimension to the lemonade. Ginger and peach compliment each other well and make a delicious lemonade.
I think that you'll find this Ginger Peach Lemonade:
The right amount of sweetness
Perfect for a hot day
& great for entertaining
If you make this recipe, I'd love to see! Be sure to tag #thymeandlove on Instagram!
Ginger Peach Lemonade
Enjoy a glass of this cold, refreshing Ginger Peach Lemonade on a hot, summer day
- 3 Peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 ½ inch Piece Ginger, peeled and sliced
- ½ Cup Cane Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 5 Cups Cold Water
- Ice cubes
- Fresh cut lemon slices
- In a medium saucepan, add the sliced peaches, sliced ginger, sugar, and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer over medium to medium high heat, then once simmer, lower heat to a low. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the peach mixture cool a few minutes.
- After the peach simple syrup has cooled, transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the mixture into a very large pitcher.
- Pour in the fresh lemon juice and cold water. Stir. Add a few ice cubes and lemon slices to the pitcher.
- Serve and enjoy! If not serving right away, store in the fridge until ready.
What a great refreshing idea. I think I will try it with Honey or Maple Syrup/
This looks so good! What a great combination of flavors for spring!
Thank you! I love ginger and peach together!
Thanks for sharing! Does it keep long?
I usually make this the day I plan on serving it. But it should last a few days in the fridge!
Oooh I love this! And I just had an idea of substituting the water with sparkling water for a spritzer-like beverage!😍
That sounds like a great idea! Definitely going to try it with sparkling water this summer.
Can you use frozen peaches when fresh peaches are not available?
I haven't tried making the lemonade with frozen peaches before, but I'm sure that they would work in the recipe.