Take advantage of zucchini season and make this Easy Vegan Pasta with Zucchini recipe! You only need a few ingredients to make this delicious pasta recipe!
I love making pasta at least once a week. Pasta night is probably one of my favorite nights of the week. I always make sure to have a few types of pasta stocked in the pantry.
Pasta is affordable and everyone seems to love a delicious pasta recipe for dinner!
I've been making a lot of recipes with zucchini lately. Farmers markets and gardens are abundant with zucchini right now.
If you are looking for a new way to cook zucchini, this Easy Vegan Pasta with Zucchini is a great way to use up your summer zucchini!
You can really use your favorite pasta for this recipe. I love using spaghetti or linguine for this zucchini pasta recipe.
The best part about this easy pasta recipe is that you don't need that many ingredients!
what you need to make the pasta recipe:
- Olive Oil
- Vegan Parmesan
I'm obessed with VioLife vegan cheese. It is some of the best vegan cheese on the market. Their Vegan Parmesan is so good! It comes in a block and grates just like dairy parmesan. The addition of vegan parmesan takes this pasta to the next level.
Switch up pasta night with this Easy Vegan Pasta with Zucchini recipe!
- 1 Pound Pasta, I like to use spaghetti or linguine
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Medium Zucchini
- ½ Cup Grated Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Salt the water. Cook pasta according the the package directions. Once the pasta is done, drain and set aside.
- Put 2 or 3 layers of paper towels or a dish towel on a work surface. Working on the paper towels or the towel, shred zucchinis using a box grater holding the zucchini at an angle. Carefully wrap the zucchini up in the towels and squeeze out as much water as possible. I like to do this over the sink.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil to the pan Add minced garlic to the oil. Cook until the garlic is fragrant; 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add the shredded zucchini. Season zucchini with salt and pepper. Saute the zucchini 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan. Toss pasta in with zucchini.
- Add in the shredded vegan parmesan. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.