Coconut Lime Pound Cake is light, tender and bursting with bright tropical flavor.
This soft, tender coconut pound cake with coconut milk will make you feel like you are on a tropical island. Lime zest and shredded coconut add a tropical flair to this lime pound cake.
The combination of lime and coconut is so delectable in this pound cake. The flavor is perfectly balanced and the flavors don't overwhelm each other.
The coconut lime loaf comes out perfectly sweetened, moist and tender.
what you'll need to make coconut pound cake
- Unsweetened Vegan Yogurt
- Silken Tofu
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Avocado Oil
- Cane Sugar
- Lime Zest
- All Purpose Flour
- Organic Cornstarch
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Unsweetened Coconut
This cake is really simple to make and doesn't require too much work. Since we are keeping the pound cake vegan, there are no eggs in the cake.
Instead of using eggs, we are using a combination of non-dairy yogurt and blended silken tofu. The yogurt and tofu act as the eggs in the pound cake.
Using blended silken tofu and vegan unsweetened weetened yogurt also helps to keep this pound cake tender and light.
To thicken up the cake, organic cornstarch is added along to the dry ingredients. I really think that it is important to use a good quality organic and non-gmo cornstarch.
After the vegan pound cake is baked and has completely cooled, the top of the cake gets coated in a simple to make frosting. It is really important that the cake isn't warm when you frost the cake.
If the cake is too warm, the frosting will melt off the cake.
What I like about this vegan pound cake is that instead of making a glaze to top the pound cake, the cake gets topped with a bright, citrusy frosting.
Fresh lime juice adds a pop of citrus to the frosting.
The coconut cake gets topped with more shredded coconut. This adds more coconut flavor to the cake. Plus it makes a beautiful garnish for the pound cake.
Go ahead and serve this scrumptious pound cake for any special occasion. This Coconut Lime Cake would also be great served on Easter.
No one will ever guess that this is Vegan. I just love when that happens! My family always gets excited when I bring a cake to family gatherings. This is a favorite to bring during the spring and summertime.
Coconut Lime Pound Cake
Coconut Lime Pound Cake is the perfect Springtime treat to serve for Easter or really anytime that calls for pound cake. It also happens to be vegan, and nobody will be able to detect that this cake doesn't have any eggs or butter!
- ½ Cup Non-Dairy Yogurt
- ½ Cup Blended Silken Tofu, tofu blended before measuring
- ¾ Cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 ¼ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Canola Oil
- 2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Organic Cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
For the frosting:
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 ½- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil, melted
- Shredded Coconut for topping
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease a dark metal 9 X 5 loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the yogurt, blended silken tofu, coconut milk, sugar, canola oil, vanilla, and lime zest. Use a hand mixer to blend everything together until combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, combine the ingredients. Then use the hand mixer to form a thick batter, about 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to overmix the batter. Fold in the shredded coconut with a rubber spatula.
- Add the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake. If it is a little moist, that is ok.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let rest 10 minutes. Carefully remove the cake from the pan onto a cooling rack.
- After the cake has completely cooled, make the frosting. In a small bowl, combine all of the frosting ingredients except the coconut. Whisk together until a thick frosting forms.
- Spread the frosting onto the top of the cake. Add the shredded coconut on top of the frosting.
I hope that you enjoy this Coconut Lime Pound Cake as much as my family does!
[…] Lime + Ginger Pound Cake is the perfect treat for Summer. This recipe was inspired by my Coconut Lime Pound Cake that I shared in the Spring. Pound cakes are perfect for Summer BBQs, picnics, and family get […]