Calling all cilantro lovers. This Vegan Cilantro Pesto Spaghetti is for you.
I know that many people have very strong feelings for or against cilantro. I happen to love cilantro and it’s a staple in our household.
This pasta was actually inspired by my trip to the farmers’ market last weekend. Cilantro isn’t always available at my local farmers’ market but last week one of my favorite vendors had a whole bucket of cilantro; I am talking almost a whole grocery bag full of cilantro for like $3. I go through a lot of cilantro, but not that much. I didn’t want any of it to go waste, so when I got home I began to brainstorm recipe ideas. The first recipe that popped into my head was Vegan Cilantro Pesto Spaghetti.
The best part about this Vegan Cilantro Spaghetti is that it takes less than 30 minutes to make. While the pasta cooks, the cilantro pesto gets blended and that’s it! So easy. The pesto sauce only needs a few simple ingredients: cilantro, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and extra virgin olive oil. For the olive oil, I really love the California Olive Oil.
Now that they holidays are almost here, I like to have a few quick and easy recipes dinner recipes that can be made on those busy weeknight days. This Vegan Cilantro Pesto Spaghetti is perfect for those days when you just don’t have a lot of time. Plus, the green color is so festive; perfect for the holidays.
This Vegan Cilantro Spaghetti is:
Perfect for both vegans & omnivores
Less than 30 minutes to make
Only 8 ingredients
I love garnishing the spaghetti with a few toasted pine nuts. This also makes a delicious cold pasta salad. I hope you enjoy this easy, creamy Vegan Cilantro Pesto Spaghetti!
- 1 Pound of Spaghetti
- 3 Tightly Packed Cups of Cilantro
- 1 Cup Pine Nuts
- 1 Garlic Cloves
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- ¾ Tsp Sea Salt, or to taste
- ⅓ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Toasted Pine Nuts
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Salt the water and cook pasta according to the package direction.
- While the pasta cooks, make the pesto sauce. Add the cilantro, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt to a high speed blender. Drizzle in the olive oil a little at a time. Blend until completely smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Transfer the pesto to a large bowl.
- After draining the cooked pasta, add it to the bowl with the pesto. Mix until all the pasta has been coated with the pesto.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts, if using.