Rhubarb Lemonade is the perfect drink for spring and summer!
Last week I shared a simple and easy recipe for Rhubarb Simple Syrup. Have you tried it yet?! Today, I am sharing the perfect recipe to use up your Rhubarb Simple Syrup. If you love rhubarb and lemonade, you are going to love this Rhubarb Lemonade!
This just might be my new favorite non-alcoholic drink for summer. And, how gorgeous is this lemonade? The rhubarb simple syrup creates a beautiful pink lemonade. No artificial dyes needed! Be sure to find the pinkest rhubarb stalks that you can. Sometimes, I can only find green stalks, but that’s ok. The Rhubarb Lemonade will still taste delicious!
This Rhubarb Lemonade has the perfect balance of sweetness. I like my lemonade to have a nice pucker from the fresh squeezed lemon juice.
This Rhubarb Lemonade is the perfect beverage to cool down on a hot summer day. It’s light, refreshing, and slightly tart. This lemonade would be perfect for summer entertaining too!
- 4 Cups Rhubarb, sliced
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Batch Rhubarb Simple Syrup, cooled
- ½ Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 6 Cups Cold Water
- Ice Cubes for serving
- In a heavy pot or dutch oven, add the rhubarb, sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, Cook until the rhubarb is soft, about 20-25 minutes.
- Use a fine mesh sieve to strain the mixture into a bowl, using the back of a spoon to press out all the liquid. Transfer to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use
- In a large pitcher, add the cooled rhubarb simple syrup, lemon juice, and water. Stir.
- Serve and enjoy!