Cranberries and orange zest add a fall seasonal twist to this Vegan Cranberry Coffee Cake that’s topped with a pecan and cinnamon topping.
I love baking year round, but there is just something special about baking in the fall months. Perhaps it’s the cooler temperatures outside that lead me to my kitchen to bake. Especially on the weekends I love to bake up something sweet like this Vegan Cranberry Coffee Cake.
This coffee cake is studded with tart cranberries that burst while the coffee cake bakes. Orange zest adds a pop of citrus. Cranberry and orange is one of my favorite flavor combinations. Cranberries and oranges were just meant to be paired together.
The batter is topped with a delicious pecan and cinnamon streusel topping. I love serving this coffee cake anytime of day. It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch or served with afternoon tea.
This basic Vegan coffee cake gets a seasonal twist with fresh cranberries. No one will even be able to detect that it is Vegan. I know that many of you follow a gluten-free diet or know a family member who can’t eat gluten. I have been trying to include more gluten-free options here on the blog. I wanted to test out a gluten-free version of this Cranberry Coffee Cake just incase you wanted to make a GF version. I subbed Bob’s Red Mill’s Gluten Free 1 to 1 flour and the results were delicious. I used the same amount of gluten-free flour for the all purpose flour in the recipe. Are you interested in seeing more gluten-free recipes? Let me know if you have any suggestions!
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Cane Sugar
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 2 Cups Fresh Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease an 8 by 8 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add the flour, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir and add the oil. Mix until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add the oil, milk, vinegar, vanilla and orange zest. Whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Whisk just until combined. Gently fold in the cranberries. Pour batter into an 8 by 8 baking dish. Sprinkle the topping onto the batter.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool a bit then serve.