Lately I have been on a big salad kick. Most of the time the salads are pretty boring; mainly consisting of some kale, avocado, roasted sweet potatoes, and a touch of lime. Every now and again I like to switch things up. Why not add a little bit of tequila in your salad dressing for a little extra kick?! It takes me awhile to go through a bottle of tequila, so I am always looking for news ways of using tequila. It just isn’t for margaritas anymore!
This Margarita Salad with Tequila Lime
is an updated version of a salad recipe that I shared last year. The dressing is really simple and only a few ingredients are needed: extra virgin olive oil, tequila, fresh lime juice, agave nectar and salt. That is it. Make sure to use good quality ingredients for the dressing. It really does make a difference. If you aren’t sure on how strong of a tequila taste you want, start with about 1/2 tablespoon and taste. Add up to 2 tablespoons for a really strong tequila flavor.
I really love pairing this tequila lime dressing with a fruit and spinach salad. You can use whatever fruits you would like. I used some of my favorites: diced strawberries, mango, and of course a diced avocado. I really love the strawberry and mango combination with the dressing. SO GOOD!!
Serve this salad at your next fiesta. It would also be the perfect salad for Cinco de Mayo which is just around the corner!
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1- ½ Tablespoons Agave Nectar
- ½-1 Tablespoon Tequila*
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 4-6 heaping Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Diced Strawberries
- 1 Cup Diced Mangos
- 1 Avocado Diced
- ¼ Red Onion, Slivered
- 3-4 Tablespoons Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- In a mason jar add the dressing ingredients. Close the lid tightly and give it a good shake. Taste and adjust seasonings to taste. Add more lime juice or agave if needed.
- In a bowl or serving platter place the baby spinach. Top the spinach with the diced strawberries, mangos, avocado, red onion, and pumpkin seeds.
- Serve right away with the dressing.